JOURNAL OF MARITIME RESEARCH (JMR) publishes original research papers in English analysing the maritime sector international, national, regional or local. JMR is published quarterly and the issues-whether ordinary or monographic-include both theoretical and empirical approaches to topics of current interest in line with the editorial aims and scope of the journal.
The objective of JMR is to contribute to the progress, development and diffusion of research on the maritime sector. The aim is to provide a multidisciplinary forum for studies of the sector from the perspective of all four of the following broad areas of scientific knowledge: experimental sciences, nautical sciences, engineering and social sciences.
The manuscripts presented must be unpublished works which have not been approved for publication in other journals. They must also fulfil all the requirements indicated in the ‘Technical specifications’ section. The quality of the papers is guaranteed by means of a process of blind review by two scientific referees and one linguistic reviewer. Although the journal is published in print format, the processes of submission and reception of manuscripts, as well as revision and correction of proofs are all done electronically.
- SCOPUS. SCImago Journal & Country Rank (SJR)
- CSIC (ICYT). Science and Technology
- DIALNET. Geoscience. Environment: Miscellaneous
- LATINDEX. Online Regional Information System for Scientific Journals from Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain and Portugal. Oceanography. Technology
- MIAR. Information Matrix for the Analysis of Journals. Social Sciences and Humanities (General), History (General), Transportation Science and Technology