The mission of the University
- to provide high quality higher education opportunities to the population of the Wielkopolska region and Poland,
- to support research as a foundation for excellence in teaching and as a stimulus to the economic competitiveness of the city and the region,
- to collaborate with public institutions in developing solutions to economic and social challenges,
- to enhance the cultural and social life of the city
- Educational Studies
- English Studies
- Geography & Geology
- Law & Administration
- Mathematics & Computer Science
- Modern Languages & Literature
- Pedagogy & Fine Arts
- Political Science & Journalism
- Polish & Classical studies
- Social Sciences
Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań has bilateral exchange agreements with universities all over the world. Depending on the specifics of the agreement, bilateral exchange students may accomplish part of their degree, choosing appropriate subjects from our educational offer. The main exchange programs: CEEPUS (Central European Exchange Program for University Studies), DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), Fulbright Student Program, GFPS (German non-government organization), Erasmus+ Program, Visegrad Foundation.
The mission of the University is to advance knowledge through high-quality research and teaching in partnership with business, the professions, public services and other research and learning providers. Our professors coordinated or were partners in research projects funded by the European Union Framework Program for Research and Technological Development. AMU is a member of EUA – European University Association, EUCEN – European University Continuing Education Network, The Compostela Group of Universities, The Santander Group – European University Network, European Chemistry Thematic Network and other European Research Networks.
The University recognises its role as a strategic partner in Central Europe and therefore aspires to contribute to the region’s economic growth, social development and environmental sustainability. The University promotes pro-European ideas and actively participates in the international academic community, seeks to implement joint research and educational programs. It aims to strengthen ties with the European Union Member States and embarks on new initiatives conducive to cooperation with the countries of Europe.